As parents who have gone through the premature baby journey, Lifes Little Treasures Foundation know firsthand how difficult and traumatic the experience can be. It is through their personal journies that has inspired them to develop the Premature Baby Journal & NICU Words apps which they hope will make this experience a bit easier.
The first of its kind, Premature Baby Journal is a global app that is easy to use, no matter where you are in the world and a great tool for parents with a Little Treasure. The app is designed to record information in imperial or metric measure, so that you can track your baby’s progress through hospital and beyond wherever you are. It is packed full of features making it easy to track your baby’s feeds, expressing times, weight gain as well as keeping a journal for all the milestones your baby achieves.
Some of the many features that the Premature Baby Journal app includes are:
- Records baby’s birth details
- Keep journals for multiple babies
- Converts actual age into corrected age (weeks)
- Tracks weight, feeding, expressing and temperature in graphs
- Tracks milestones and allows you to upload photos
- Records number of feeds, time of feeds, amount of feeds and method of feed
- Records total feeds given to baby per day
- Records number of expresses and amount expressed by mother
- Set alarm for when next express is due
- Record your feelings of all family members in journal section
- Set reminder for questions to ask to match the doctor’s rounds in hospital
The Premature Baby Journal is available to purchase from the iTunes store.
NICU Words is a glossary designed to provide clear explanations of what medical terms, medical machinery and what medical roles are in NICU and SCN.
Some of the many features that the NICU Words app includes are:
- Concise list of medical terms and medical machinery
- Description of roles of medical personnel in NICU
- Search function to help you search for words
- Over 170 words and terms featured
- Easy to use and a great tool for parents with a “little treasure” in hospital going through the NICU/SCN journey.
The NICU Words app is available for FREE download. Visit the iTunes store to download the app direct to your phone.
For further information please visit www.lifeslittletreasures.org.au
We are proud online support partners with Lifes Little Treasures Foundation.