National Premmie Foundation
“Caring, Supporting, Informing Australia”
Each year over 26,500 babies are born prematurely in Australia. Globally, 15 million babies are born before 37 weeks gestation and sadly around 1 million of these babies will not survive. The National Premmie Foundation is the founding Australian representative of World Prematurity Day and the World Prematurity Network. L’il Aussie Prems Foundation is a proud charity network member of the (NPF).
The National Premmie Foundation (NPF) works to raise awareness of premature birth and neonatal loss. Its aim is to ensure that all prem parents receive the information, care and support they need to make an extremely difficult time just that little bit better.
The National Premmie Foundation (NPF) is the peak national organisation in Australia for parents who experience premature birth or neonatal loss. It consists of a network of individual members and member groups from across Australia making it the largest organisation in Australia representing the interests of families of preterm infants. A large portion of their members are parents who have experienced premature birth or neonatal loss.
What does the National Premmie Foundation do?
- Raise awareness of preterm birth
- Represent the interests of parents of prems in terms of hospital policy, health policy, funding and standards of care
- Raise the profile and awareness of the plight of NICU/SCN infants and their families and the issues surrounding their care and long term development
- Work as part of an International Alliance to reduce the incidence of preterm birth
- Co-ordinate World Prematurity Awareness Month and World Prematurity Day (which occurs in November each year) activities throughout Australia
- Link parents with the group best suited to meet their need for care and support.
- Facilitate and assist with the formation of new groups so that all parents have access to the support they need
The 17th November is World Prematurity Day and as a member group of the National Premmie Foundation, L’il Aussie Prems Foundation is once again participating in the global campaign to raise awareness of the 15 million babies born too soon each year.
We are honoured to be a charity network member and proud of our close affiliations in working alongside other Australian charities.
Visit their website for further information www.prembaby.org.au