Fundraising for L’il Aussie Prems Foundation is a great way to support our work and raise awareness of premature birth in Australia. Through your fundraising efforts, you will be helping our charity to support thousands of families around Australia. These guidelines will help you get started and provides important information on fundraising in Australia.
A Fundraiser is not authorised to use L’il Aussie Prems Foundation as its beneficiary charity until it has received an official L’il Aussie Prems Foundation Authorisation Letter.
You must reside in NSW, QLD, NT, VIC, ACT, SA, TAS or WA.
Simple steps to help you get started
1. Choose a fundraising idea.
3. Have fun and take photos so we can share your efforts with our community.
Authority to Raise Funds
You are automatically provided with an authority to raise funds for our charity when you create your fundraising page through one of our three portals. If you are not collecting donations online (and are instead collecting cash donations), please visit our fundraising page and fill out the online form so we can provide you with an authority.
- Your fundraising activity will not be an official L’il Aussie Prems Foundation activity, but an event to raise funds for, and awareness of our charity.
- We cannot formally authorise you to act as a L’il Aussie Prems Foundation agent and we will not be responsible for the management or conduct of your fundraising activity.
- The Fundraising must be conducted in accordance with all applicable laws in your state. It is the responsibility of the authorised person to gain any licences or approvals to operate their fundraising activity from relevant local and state authorities. (e.g. holding a raffle)
- You will need to consider key matters such as insurance, venue hire and how you will collect donations safely. We will not be able to provide direct assistance with these matters and our insurance policy will not cover your fundraising activity.
You may be required to provide evidence of public liability insurance or approval from your local council dependent on the location of your event. This protects you and/or other participants in the event of accident or injury to a member of the public or to third party property. L’il Aussie Prems Foundation is unable to provide public liability insurance cover to community fundraisers.
Visit Ansvar Insurance for further information if you think you may need insurance for your event.
An Approved Community Fundraiser
- Shall not undertake any door to door, street sales or telephone based approaches for donations to be made in connection with the activity.
- Is responsible for the coordination and management of the activity, associated licences, required insurances, publicity and communications with our charity and the community, procurement of prizes, services, volunteers and personnel.
- Assumes full responsibility for managing the activity in an appropriate way and that the event is conducted and promoted in the organisers name.
- Seek the required permits relating to activities such as raffles, lotteries, auctions etc..
- Collect, hold and reconcile the funds relating to any fundraising activities undertaken.
- Any authorised persons under the age of 18 must comply with relevant state laws in regards to children volunteering.
As a fundraiser it is important that you read the following information so you are aware of your responsibilities.
The Charitable Fundraising Act requires that fundraisers disclose where the funds raised will be donated. The event will be conducted in your name and will be your sole responsibility as the fundraising organiser. You need to be familiar with the rules surrounding the Charitable Fundraising Act and Regulations, including what permits, licences and permissions are required including receipts etc.
If you are planning a raffle, lottery, competition or similar gaming activity, there are state and territory gaming laws that you will need to consider as you may need a licence. Check the authorities in your state regarding raffle regulations.
Please visit the following links for state and national fundraising information.
Consumer Victoria – consumer.vic.gov.au
NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing – olgr.nsw.gov.au
Department of Justice and Attorney General, Queensland – fairtrading.qld.gov.au
Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor (WA) – rgl.wa.gov.au
Liquor and Gaming Commissioner (SA) – olgc.sa.gov.au
Liquor and Gaming Branch (TAS) – treasury.tas.gov.au
ACT Gambling & Racing Commission – gamblingandracing.act.gov.au
No door-to-door appeals, street collections or telephone requests for funds are to be conducted in any state.
Please note that L’il Aussie Prems Foundation cannot provide assistance with:
- Prizes for your fundraising activities such as auctions, raffles, competitions etc..
- Applying for relevant permits, licences or insurance covers related to third party activities.
- Sale of tickets, products or services as part of your initiative.
- Reimbursement of event related expenses.
- Financial contributions to any event related promotional materials or equipment.
- You must keep accurate and detailed records of your fundraiser including income and expenses.
- These records should be of such quality that they are able to be audited if necessary.
- We cannot pay expenses incurred by you, but you can deduct your necessary expenses from the proceeds of your fundraiser, provided they are properly documented.
- Aim to maintain costs at no more than 40% of the total income.
- Pay any costs relating to your expenses and ensure that they are not to be addressed to our charity.
All receipt books used and unused must be returned to PO Box 5548, Studfield VIC 3152 within 14 working days after your event date has passed.
Depositing Raised Funds
You should remit funds raised to us as soon as practicable. If you are fundraising in Western Australia, this must be no more than 14 days from the date you receive funds.
- Please do not bank it into your own bank account, as this is prohibited by fundraising laws in a number of jurisdictions.
- Once you receive an authority to raise funds, any funds raised during your event must be deposited into the approved bank account as provided by our Fundraising Manager within 7-14 working days.
Please securely post cheques, bank cheques and money orders to PO Box 5548, Studfield VIC 3152, with details of the event for which the funds were raised and your contact details.
L’il Aussie Prems Foundation Receipts
- Donations of $2 and over are tax deductible only to the direct donor when they meet the conditions as outlined by the ATO. For offline fundraising, please download our offline collections form.
- You cannot claim a tax deduction on behalf of others. If you are submitting donations from other persons on behalf of your event, you as the event host will receive a fundraising receipt as acknowledgement of the funds being received however this is not tax deductible.
- A tax receipt cannot be issued when the supporter has received goods or services in return for the money given eg. raffle tickets/wristbands/auction items, etc..
Please be aware that whilst you are generously supporting L’il Aussie Prems Foundation as an authorised fundraising supporter, you are not permitted to represent our charity as an official representative. We encourage you to speak on behalf of why you support our cause and the importance of your fundraising activity to your supporters.
The Authorised Fundraiser agrees to release L’il Aussie Prems Foundation to the fullest extent permissible under law for all claims and demands of any kind, and from all liability that may arise in respect of any damage, loss or injury occurring to any person, except where such liability arises because of the negligence of L’il Aussie Prems Foundation or its agents. L’il Aussie Prems Foundation reserves its right to terminate the authority to fundraise relating to the event at any time if it appears that the fundraiser is failing to adhere to any of the terms and conditions.
We would like to thank you for choosing to support L’il Aussie Prems Foundation. We look forward to hearing from you about your fundraising success and don’t forget to send us in any photos from your activities so we can share them with our community through social media.